Multimedia Battery for assessment of cognitive and basic skills in maths
This project has received funding from the Ministry of Science and Innovation, within the National Plan for Scientific Research, Development and Technological Innovation, and European Funds, PET2008_0225 (2008-2011).
BM-PROMA is a Multimedia battery that has a composite of three modules: Basic Concepts, Basic Calculation and Cognitive Processes. Within each of these modules the student / a will be accessible without a fixed order tasks. The organization of work for modules is the following:
(1) Count Objects (pass judgment on whether the count is correct or not)
(2) Number Series (fill in the latest issue of the numerical series)
(3) Numerical Relations (lower eldest comparisons of pairs of numbers)
(4) Reading Numbers (read the numbers on the screen)
(5) Writing Numbers (write the numbers on the screen)
(6) Value of Position 1 (Select the graphic representation in base 10 number)
(7) Value of Position 2 (Select the graphic representation of the tens and units)
(8) Location on the Number Line (Put numbers on the number line)
(9) Estimated Quantity (estimate the number of objects on the screen)
(10) Computational Estimation (estimate the result of separate operations of addition and subtraction)
(1) Correction Algorithms (evaluate whether the results of the operations are correct or not)
(2) Mental Agility (Fast calculation of addition, subtraction and multiplication)
(3) Principles Calculation (evaluation of the commutative property and investment in addition and multiplication)
(1) Numerical Working Memory (yellow dots tell and remember a set of cards)
(2) Spatial Working Memory (memorizing sequences appearance of a square in a 3×3 matrix in forward and reverse order)
(3) Processing Speed (search for presence or absence a pair of numbers in a row of numbers)
(4) Processing Speed-Named (adaptation of Denckla and Rudel (1976) called Rapid automatized Naming RAN, subjects appoint as quickly as possible the objects presented on screen calls has four subtasks:. (A) number series, (b) series of letters; (c) color series; (d) a series of drawings).
(5) Syntactic Awareness (complete sentences)
(6) Deletion of phonemes (i.e., like being a word that sounds if the initial phoneme is removed).
(7) Conservation (piagetian assessment principle of conservation in length, area, and weight)
(8) Seriation (evaluation of Piagetian principle of seriation)